Job Title: VR/AR Engineer
Reports to: VP of Product Development
Position Type: Salaried Position
Location: US Only (Remote Position)
Position is responsible for the design, development, maintenance, and testing of virtual/augmented reality applications and the surrounding infrastructure. It is the role of the VR/AR Engineer to secure the build out of the extended reality solutions and utilize their imagination, architectural experience and secure coding principles to create responsive, intuitive, feature rich applications.
- Must have the ability to sit for extended periods of time
- Exhibit manual dexterity to dial a telephone, and to enter data into a computer terminal
- Speak in audible tones, so that others may understand clearly in person and on the telephone
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal, and work well in a team environment
- Ability to give and take direction, including training where necessary
- Must be self-guided and have the desire to learn and work well in an environment with little to no supervision
- Ability to see and read a computer screen and printed material, with or without vision aids
- Able to hear and understand speech at normal levels and on the telephone
- Must have a creative and curious mind, to come up with new and innovative solutions for extended reality applications
- Display strong analysis and troubleshooting skills, translating customer needs into business requirements and feature sets, as well as assessing risk, software issues and project scope
- Responsible for implementation/maintenance of a Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SSDLC)
- Solid software engineering background for 5+ years in a core language, such as C++, C# or Java, with the ability to lead a team in the design and implementation of an application
- 3+ years of experience with one or more 3D gaming engines, such as Unreal, Unity or CryEngine
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products, to include Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Keen troubleshooting and deductive reasoning skills
- Familiarity with basic networking terminology and concepts
- Knowledge of extended reality hardware accessories, such as HMDs, controllers, haptics, and tracking devices
- Practical understanding of 3D modeling, VR scene creation, and network game programming
- Awareness of concepts around 3D environments and mathematics, such as kinematics, lighting, collision detection, etc.
- Familiarity with some of the following technologies in a corporate setting:
- Remote Access – Remote Desktop, TeamViewer, VNC, GoToMyPC, etc.
- Online Meeting – Zoom, WebEx, Microsoft Teams, Join.Me, GoToMeeting, etc.
- Source Control – Git, Perforce, CVS, SVN, Team Foundation Server, etc.
- Security – SAML, Active Directory, OpenSSL, NTLM, Two-Factor Authentication, etc.
- Text Editing – NotePad++, VI, CodeWright, Emacs, etc.
- Instant Messaging – Teams, Slack, XMPP, etc
- Web Servers – Apache HTTP Server, MS IIS, NginX, etc.
- Web Browsers – Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, etc.
- Ticketing Systems – SpiceWorks, JIRA, FogBugz, etc.
- Databases – MS SQLServer, Oracle, MongoDB, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.
- Development – Eclipse, Visual Studio, etc.
- Degree in related field, such as software engineering, computer science or game design
- Degree in complementary fields, such as mathematics or physics
- Experience in related industry, to include learning management and networking applications
- Familiarity with Mac OSX and any flavor of Unix
- Experience writing documentation and training materials
- Knowledge of web and database development